Saturday, January 05, 2008

Shetland Lace Shell Scarf

Pattern is by Frances Goodman, who I 'met' on Ravelry and is free here.
The yarn is from Knit Picks, called Shimmer, and it was wonderful to work with, plus stood up to many froggings, as before Frances was good enough to post her pattern, I had been playing around with it, trying to figure it out myself.

Oh dear, I just went to Knit Picks to get the address to link for you and I see that there are a few color ways of Shimmer on sale for $4.99! I only used 1 skein for a nice length, once it was blocked.

My New Year's resolution is to not buy yarn in 2008! That's right - no yarn! Trades don't count - as in trading graphic services or patterns or .... a teenager? I am also considering making an exception for yarn I need to purchase wholesale to make up kits. That is a slippery slope, though, as I tend to make up more kits than I sell, and then the unsold yarn becomes more ... stash!

My strategy for handling the 'M U S T B U Y Y A R N' urges is to go through my stash when they get real strong. Before I click on the PayPal button, I will be calling my 'sponsor' or shopping in my own closet. (closets, hallway, under the bed, storage room)

Think I can do it? Even I don't think I can be that strong, but I will take it one day at a time.