Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Couple More FO's


Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket for Luka. I finally made one and it was fast, fun and everything everyone says EXCEPT I don't think this one is the right proportions! The neck opening is too small and the length/width ratio seems incorrect. I am sure this is the fault of my yarn choice (Elann's Filati Sailor) and the needles (US4). I did like the 100% cotton yarn (very much - I bought 2 balls of nearly every color Elann offered) but maybe not for this design. I don't make them, but it seems like it would be good at a very tight gauge for dishcloths.


Here are some more socks for Afghans for Afghans. The yarn is ancient, from my stash, Regia Mini Ringel Color, and the patterns are from my twisted little mind. I can make socks in my sleep. The patterning (like the one in the larger pair) just comes out my fingers and is usually derived from whatever else I have been working on. This one was derived from the Chevron Scarf, only instead of k1,m1's, I did k1, yo's, resulting in lacy chevrons. The short row heels are so much easier and I think more attractive than the flap heels.

I especially like that the stripes match. With yarn this defined, I know I would hate if they didn't.