Monday, August 27, 2007

Another Garden Party Scarf


First, something for your breakfast! Actually, I made it a week ago and it disappeared a day later. Being too careful of my calories, I only ate a half a piece. I gave a hunk to the neighbors. The rest was consumed with gusto by my two sweet-toothed men.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Melt 1 stick butter and add 1/2 C brown sugar, heat until caramelized. Pour into buttered 9x12 glass baking pan.
Add rings from 1 can pineapple rings in heavy syrup, breaking rings in half when necessary to fit pan.
Place a maraschino cherry in center of each ring.
Prepare 1 box yellow cake mix as directed on box, substituting the juice from the can of pineapple for the water (add water if necessary to achieve proper amount of liquid.
Bake according to directions.
When cake is done, allow to cool about 5 minutes, then invert on plate or, as I do, on a foil lined cookie sheet.

Dangerous!

*****


This is the scarf I just can't seem to keep people from stealing. I am hoping that it will appeal equally to someone who wants to buy it!

As I work frantically on inventory for the Contemporary Crafts Market, I am planning on offering items from my pattern line as completed creations. This one is made from Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock, colorway Fire on the Mountain.



Before blocking:

After blocking:

And a pair of baby socks from the leftover yarn: