Monday, July 02, 2007

Blood of Flowers

For those of you who enjoy listening to audio books while knitting, I would like to share a wonderful one I just finished - Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani
It is a story of a woman who designs and makes rugs in 17th century Iran. Aside from the thrilling descriptions of the rug making craft - knot tying, wool dying, color selection, design theory (non of it dry and frankly, I would have liked a lot more information) it is a fascinating glimpse into the life of women at that time and place in history, plus romantic parables and some good sex scenes! And it is narrated by a woman with a most charming Iranian accent. I also enjoyed the interview with the author at the end of the book. If you haven't already, give it a listen!

I wish I had a lot more blog readers so I could turn a lot more people on to this book!

Eden is at the Anime Expo in Long Beach today so I am not at the museum. Which is just as well since I am working on a wig assignment and I don't think wig-making is portable. The hair would probably blow away in the breeze. Knitting in public - cool. Ventilating in public - not so much.