Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I Swear I am Not Awaiting a Sex Change!



No. I am all girl. Well, predominantly (see test results below)

I am just trying to learn how to make wigs and have no one to model my homework. Figaro (el gato) point blank refused, saying she is already covered with her own hair, thank you very much.

It took me about 20 hours to complete this goatee. It involved shaping the lace to contour the chin. You stitch tiny darts into the tulle with clear, monofiliment thread. The darts must be stitched RS and WS. I wasn't able to get a fine enough focus with my camera to show this step.


Here is the goatee nearly finished, before trimming. Remember Gabby Hayes?

Here it is trimmed and on it's own. Like a little living thing. A hedgehog?


It does contour to the chin quite well.

The complete set.

BTW, detaching the glue strip from my face was like using Biore pore strips.