Thursday, September 21, 2006

Procrastination

Procrastination and knitting go well together. I can be productive as I procrastinate. I am avoiding what I should be doing but look! I am making socks! (or a scarf or whatever) Other ways I procrastinate are by shopping - sometimes I spend an hour examining everything at Target, more often I shop on the web. I also procrastinate by reading people's blogs and by writing in my own.

Cleaning and sorting the workroom are great ways to procrastinate. Very productive. I very rarely procrastinate by just wasting time.

So today, I am feeling guilty about not doing what I need to do (preparing photos for my new website) so I am posting in my blog! The very thing I was putting off by starting a new scarf earlier in the week! Re: the scarf. It is a fabulous one by Candace Eisner Strick, called Merging Colors Incredible Rectangular Mitered Scarf.

I am using the colorway called Capecod. There are 8 different shades of blues and greens. The yarn is fine, laceweight merino wool, so soft you would swear it's cashmere. You use 3 strands at a time, changing one strand to the next color each round. The only thing I don't like about it is that since it is knit in the round, starting with the outside edge, you need to purl every other row in order to get garter stitch.

FO Report
I finished the Lotus Shawl!!! I finished it in time to meet the submission deadline for the Vogue Crocheted Shawls on the Go Book, but due to computer error, was unable to e-mail the submission till the day after the deadline. I have decided to publish the pattern myself, anyway. Here it is, all complete:


It just so happened that my garage wall is the same color as the tiny flowers between the motifs! Yes, coming home is a cheerful experience when you have coral walls in your garage!

And the thing I am the most excited about is that my new website is almost ready to go live. I've been working with a great web-designer and together we have come up with a new design that I feel represents me better than the little knitting fairies I have currently. She is just finishing up the shopping cart and what I am supposed to be doing right now is formatting all the photos.

I'll let you know when the website is ready for visitors!