Saturday, May 05, 2007

All Knitting, All the Time

This last week I didn't have to drive one single person to one single doctor's appointment. (Reese did go to the dentist but he took himself) so I got a lot of work done!

Violetta is finished! It didn't take 2 1/2 weeks to crochet the violets, after all. But it did take a LOT of time - didn't time myself but I would estimate 15 - 20 hours? I plan to make a swingy little tank tunic to go under it. Am trying to figure out the pattern in my head as I work on other things. Maybe will try a mock-up this afternoon after my chauffeur duties are over.

Here is the pattern for the violet edging:
On base of sc sts, multiple of 7.
*Ch6, skip next 4 sts, sc in next st, ch4, skip next st, sc in next st; turn. [Ch4, sc in ch-4 lp] 3 times, sl st in last ch-6 lp, [sc, hdc, dc, trc, remove hook, insert from front to back in 2nd trc of last petal of last flower made, return hook and pull thru, trc, dc, hdc, sc] in first ch-4 lp, [sc, hdc, dc, 5trc, dc, hdc, sc] in next ch-4 lp, [sc, hdc, dc, 2trdc, dc, hdc, sc] on next ch-4 lp; rep from * around.

I decided to make myself a couple of stress-free summer sweaters from other people's patterns. This one is by Jill Vosburg and I just love her patterns! It is called Heartbeat Sweater and I would have finished it but I ran out of yarn and had to order more. This much knitting took less than 8 hours! Of course, I couldn't just order more of one yarn, so I had to order enough to get the discount! The BIG discount! (those clever yarn retailers)

So while waiting for the yarn to come, I started another sweater for myself from the newest Knitter's. I so loved the yarn the sample was shown in that I had already ordered it and am planning on finishing it this weekend.
This yarn is very nice to work with on the Addi's, which I had all but abandoned, much preferring the Knitpicks Options. But the duller tip is better, since the yarn splits very easily. It seems pricey, but the balls are bigger, and the long repeats are really nice for modules.

I am too ashamed to show you pictures of all the yarn and books I bought to get me through the Fake Brain Tumor Crisis, but I will just mention that I am still expecting 5 more shipments next week! My workroom, which had been reorganized several months ago with a lot of yarn moved down to the storeroom behind the garage, is once again bulging. I'm knitting as fast as I can! But my imagination works much faster than my fingers can ever hope to keep up. At least there are no calories in yarn!